Monday, October 22, 2018

Dad's Birthday!



On the Saturday I was in Minnesota, I had the wonderful opportunity to
spent my Dad's birthday with him and the rest of the family
(sadly, minus Greg).

It was chilly - yay!
I wore this:
blouse: Target
sweater: Ross
pants: DKNY (Macy's)
coat: Kenneth Cole Reaction (Poshmark)
socks & shoes: Target




My Dad decided he wanted to go to P.F. Chang's for his birthday lunch.



There isn't anything non-spicy, vegan, and gluten-free that I can eat,
so I took a picnic.  Everyone else very much enjoyed their meals and I was HAPPY
to be there!!!


Mark & Cora worked hard on this maze.
I liked the karate cat.



Dad got a little birthday treat!



After a bit of a rest and a nap, I ventured out in the spitting rain
It's where my favorite theologian, Greg Boyd, is teaching pastor.


He's the guy in the black t-shirt!


I very much enjoyed the time with Woodland Hills - everyone was welcoming
and the music and teaching were inspiring.

The trees around the facility were changing color in a gorgeous way.



I walked over a bit to see the Plaza Theater, where I spent a lot of time during 
my high school years.  Movies were usually $1, and it was
very close to my house.  Usually there weren't many other people in the theater, either,
so it was pretty much perfect!


I like how low-key and functional Woodland Hills' facility is.
They don't fancy things up.  They're using their finances to
help hurting people rather than to buy decorations for their building.
I RESPECT that.  I wish more churches (eg my church) were like that.


The building used to be a KMart!


Next post: Sunday, and church again, this time with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo