Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Christmas Decorations Going Up!

Happy December!!!!



I had a not-feeling-great weekend, and in order to get some sunshine,
I laid out on a blanket in the backyard.

Juvy LOVES having someone outside in her domain with her!

She slept on my belly.








I also rested inside on the couch, reading this wonderful book I got for my birthday.

 I had a hot water bottle by my feet, and all the cats wanted some of that!


Sweet soft Juvy belly:


Stephen found the early-morning sunshine in my office!


It has been very chilly (even COLD)
in the mornings.
Over the weekend, it was 38 when I woke up.  Today it was 34!


On Sunday while I was managing a crazy wild classroom full of crazy wild students, 
Greg put up the Christmas lights outside for me;
what a wonderful, thoughtful man!




Over the past few days, I've been installing Christmas decorations throughout the house.

Pillows . . .  



 Allistair explored the new gold storage bench I found at Ross . . . 
check back to see where I put it!


 A new wreath and front-door rug, found at Target.


This wreath was EXACTLY what I was looking for
and it was EIGHT DOLLARS!


My little modern ceramic and gold village:


I put some lights in the branches I have in the corner next to the bookcase:



And our stockings (teeny ones!) are in the bookcase, too.
Since it's the focus of the room, and since we don't have a fireplace,
the bookcase seemed like the right option!



A sweet snowman pillow, cross-stitched by my talented Mom:


A little lighted ceramic Christmas tree that used to belong to my Grandmother:


More decorations to come!


I made some great, simple new healthy food things this week already.

I made a rice bowl with brown rice (short grained so it gets fluffy)
steamed veggies, and gluten-free soy sauce (Bragg's liquid aminos, actually).
I ate it with a baked sweet potato (I like them with ketchup!)
Yum yum yum.




And then I tried a homemade cornbread to have with our chili last night.
I was surprised that it turned out so well, considering that it was gluten-free and egg-free!


It looked bumpy and strange before I baked it, but it was tasty and sweet and it was the perfect foil for the spicy chili Greg ate and the pumpkin soup I ate!


Greg had three big hunks!
I love it when I feed him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo