Monday, December 5, 2016

9 Things I Want To Do In December



The house is all cozy and the Christmas tree is up!


Over the weekend, Greg put up the outside lights.






Hello!  Welcome!



Now I'd like to think about ways I'd like to celebrate this season - yay!


1. Fill out Christmas cards 
while watching Christmas movies!!!

I might start this tonight, in fact!

My favorite Christmas movies are:

White Christmas (Diamond Anniversary Edition)


Robbie The Reindeer Triology: The Whole Herd [DVD]




The Ref



The Christmas Card (Hallmark)


Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Deluxe Edition)



Image result for seoulmates northern exposure raven
The Seoul Mates (Christmas) episode of Northern Exposure


2.  A chilly hike!

I am not sure which trail yet . . . I'm pondering!
Possibly Peralta trail or maybe even one I have never yet done.



3.  Make Christmas cookies & pumpkin pie
while listening to Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker" at high volume!

Gingersnaps are probably my favorite cookie, and I found this delicious vegan and gluten-free pumpkin pie recipe that I can hardly wait to make again!.


4.  Find a great dress for Christmas Eve
(Secondary goal: find the perfect set 
of extra fancy underthings for under that dress!)

Here are some dresses that are lighting my fire . . . 
(both dresses by Antonio Melani - I ordered both from eBay for a STEAL and I'll let you know how they fit.  They're expected to arrive on Friday.)






Addendum: I returned both of them because they didn't fit appropriately . . . too narrow in the bust/shoulders.  So sad!  I'm still looking for a Christmas Eve outfit and I'll keep you informed!


5.  Test and approve a wonderful 
vegan hot chocolate recipe!




MMmmmmmmmm!!!!

Addendum: Low-effort version was best!  I bought unsweetened chocolate almond milk (this one) and drizzled some maple syrup in it!  DEEEEEEE-LICIOUS!!!


6.   At least five (5) evenings in, reading good books, 
listening to music, and warming myself 
with cat snuggles and my DVD "fire"



7.  Make the house smell like Christmas!

Maybe like this . . . 

Place 4 to 6 cups of water in a pot on the stove. Add orange peels (from 1 or 2 oranges), 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks, 1 tablespoon of whole cloves and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract. If you want to get fancy you can add cranberries and some ginger. Bring the contents to a boil and then reduce the heat so it is left to simmer.

Addendum: I tried the above and it didn't smell good!  It smelled sort of like old fruit and I didn't like it.  I decided to use more peppermint in my essential oil diffusers and that makes a festive smell!

8.  Make cinnamon bun muffins 
(gluten free and vegan) to enjoy while we open presents on Christmas morning!


Maybe this recipe.


9.  Take a load of no-longer-worn clothing to the consignment store or Goodwill.

As I try on items and decide I don't want to wear them, I put them aside to donate or sell.  I have a bunch waiting . . . and at least $50 waiting for me at my regular consignment shop from stuff I took there previously!  This is a task I frequently put off because the shop is a little out of my way.  I need to go through my sweaters because there are a whole bunch I just don't wear because they look droopy or because they don't flatter.  Sweaters.  That's where I need to focus my energies this year.  Get rid of the bad ones, love the good ones!
(I'm wearing a good one right this minute.)



What do you like to do to enjoy this festive season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo