Thursday, November 9, 2017

Clean Closet & Open Windows

I got a sudden and powerful NEED to tidy my closet and get it ready for the next season.


I pretty much wear mostly the same things in different ways through all of our desert seasons
(HOT, less hot, and slightly chilly), but it's nice to re-arrange things sometimes.
Also, I try to wear all my things regularly, and if I notice that I'm not wearing something,
I hang it in a different part of the closet.
After a while, things build up and I take them to the consignment store.
I took a bunch of stuff there yesterday.

Looks all pretty now!


During a Target trip, I happened upon this lovely starry top
with a ruffle that has a lace trim!  
LOVE it.
I'm wearing it right now.
blouse: Target
skirt: Dani's Choice (Amazon)

Here's another outfit I wore recently - with another top from Target!
Target is really pushing all my buttons in a good way this fall.
I LOVE all the ruffles!  And the colors are really really good.
This is a sweater with a v-shaped ruffle, as you can see.
It's very soft and light, perfect for Arizona winters.
sweater: Target
skirt: Max Studio (Amazon)


On Sunday, I wore this:
bell-sleeve sweater: Tommy Hilfiger (Macy's)
skirt: Dani's Choice (Amazon)

Greg and I have been watching the second season of "Stranger Things"
in the evenings, and the cats know what's coming when we turn on the TV . . . 
they get situated on the couch to wait for us.


Here's one of my other favorite ways to relax:
sit on the couch with all the windows open, reading a book
with a cat or two and watching the beautiful leaves wave on the elm trees
in the backyard.



What a nice view!

The cats of course have been endearing, as always!

Claude gave me a HUGE yawn the other morning as they were waking up.
She looks terrifyingly fierce, doesn't she? 


The boys (Allistair & Stephen) enjoy looking out the front
window in my office while I'm working.


Look at Allistair's little paw pushing Stephen out of his way.


Sweet sleepy face:


Open windows are always nice!


The other day while I was in the shower, the boys thoughtfully unmade the bed for me.
(My guess is Allistair was chilly and wanted covers over him.
Both of them like to be under a tent made of a blanket when it's even slightly breezy or cold.
They are certainly Arizona desert kitties.


I made a couple of good meals lately.
This one was a vegan sushi bowl.
On the bottom is brown rice mixed with some vinegar and nori (dried, crunched-up seaweed)
to make it slightly salty and tasty.  On top I put sweet potato, avocado, shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, pineapple chunks, and sliced water chestnuts.
Yum!



I recently also made this recipe for the first time and will definitely be making it again!
It's mushroom bourguinon and it was delicious.


I had it on top of vegan mashed potatoes
with a big salad and hibiscus tea.
It's one of my favorite meals now!


It reminded me of the meal I always used to request for my birthday meal when I lived with my family of origin: saucy steak dinner.
It's the sauce that makes the dish, as far as I'm concerned, and this had flavor.
The mushrooms gave it a nice hearty texture.

Now I'm getting really hungry - good thing it's dinner time!


Enjoy your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo