Friday, March 9, 2018

Dinner Party



I got the wonderful opportunity to have my parents over for dinner on Wednesday.
I enjoyed cooking and enjoyed the precious time together 
with some of my most beloved people even more!

We entertain fairly casually, but I like to add some special touches
to make a special evening special!

On Wednesday it was napkins with gold stars
and napkin rings.


The meal consisted of salad:
fresh spring greens, cucumbers, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots,
walnuts, dried cranberries, mandarin oranges, hemp seeds, green olives.




Roasted oregano potatos


Pineapple sauteed vegetables
(onion, eggplant, carrots, zucchini, red bell peppers, 
pineapple chunks, fresh spring greens)


Pasta - both whole wheat . . . 

and gluten-free.
I ate the veggies on top of my pasta, but I also made a meaty marinara sauce for the men. 

Dessert was DOUGHNUTS!!!


Some with coconut flakes
and some with chocolate sprinkles!


I think I'll make another batch of these doughnuts tomorrow.
They're easy and delicious.
I haven't eaten doughnuts much since I needed to become gluten-free 15 years ago,
and the ones I've had haven't been that great.
These are worth the time for sure!


Here are our plates once we dished up -
Dad's:



Mom's:


Mine:


Greg's:



My parents brought me lovely daffofils - which I love!!!



Such pretty blooms and a cheerful color!


What a perfect evening! 


Though the sink didn't get cleaned up until the following morning!


Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo