Friday, March 30, 2018

Easter Preparations



Can you see my Mom and me in the mirror at HomeGoods? 

We had a lovely browsing day and even found a few great things.
We were both pretty tired, but we enjoyed ourselves immensely.
It might be the last shopping day this winter, since my parents will
soon be headed back to Minnesota (waaaah!)

The weather is definitely springy - today it reached 88,
but Cindy and I were able to eat our lovely lunch outside.
It's not HOT yet.
This weather must seem like perfection to visitors.
It reminds me that it's really nice here (MOST of the time).

our Chinese Elm trees in the backyard

Juvy and I spent a little time outside the other day.
I took a blanket, a book, and some sparkling water and enjoyed the breeze and the birdsong.


We had the opportunity to go to dinner with my parents again (yay!),
and this time we decided to go to PF Chang's. 
They have some good options, but I'm not going to be a frequent visitor.
All the sauces have fish and other icky stuff in them, so they're not appropriate for me.
I was able to get them to create a steamed veggie (and pineapple!) concoction
and it tasted pretty good.  If I did it again, I would bring my own spices or sauce. 




Afterwards, we headed out for frozen yogurt.


Sadly, they didn't have sorbet (non-dairy) available for me this time.


But we had a wonderful blessed time together!
(I was happy to wear my new light blue jacket - I love that color!)


My parents bought Greg a fun little gift - chocolate mini doughnuts!
He almost had to eat them right through the wrapping paper.



I tried ANOTHER new veggie burger recipe.
I think I like the sweet potato and rice version better, but these were definitely tasty!



Yesterday and today I'm pretty fatigued again -
it shouldn't be a surprise, since I've been doing A LOT (of FUN THINGS!)

The cats like it when I'm a bit slower.


Though Allistair isn't above causing a bit of trouble to get my attention!


Claude also got some attention by looking so pretty (on the kitchen table!) 


This afternoon I had the complete set (four!) on the couch!
(Juvy blends in - she's on the left near the blue pillow)


Today I got some time with Cindy because she was off school.
We went to Macy's, and then had lunch at Chipotle.
Here's what I was wearing today.
top: Tommy Hilfiger (Macy's)
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
shoes: Target
bag: ABage (Amazon)

I didn't buy anything at Macy's, but I did try on two tops that I have had in my online cart for quite awhile.  They were less expensive online, so I came home and ordered them.

Here they are!

Aren't the floppy bows on the shoulders wonderful?!
Maison Jules Striped Bow-Detail Top, Created for Macy's


Maison Jules Dot-Print Bow-Detail Top, Created for Macy's


I came home from lunch and fell asleep on the couch -
with a bunch of cats.  I required rest, so I watched some recorded episodes of The Love Boat
while snuggling.

Tonight I assembled the shepherd's pie for our Easter feast.

Would you like to know what else I'll be making?

Here's my menu . . . 

guacamole & chips
hummus & veggies/crackers

Guests are bringing some bread and a fruit salad.

You probably noticed a lot of doughnuts!
That's because I have made experimenting with many different doughnut recipes and I have liked them all.  Doughnuts seem very springy and Eastery to me, so I'm gonna make all sorts of them.

I'll take photos and let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo