Monday, November 12, 2018

Birthday Shenanigans




Right this minute I'm on the couch buried in blankets,
fighting off bronchitis (hopefully without antibiotics!)
I had a regularly scheduled appointment with my doctor for thyroid
upkeep when she unexpectedly gave me antibiotics in case I don't
"turn the corner" in 1-2 days.
I currently have three cats on the couch with me (and the hot water bottle).

Doctor is great and would prefer if I didn't need to use the medication.
She recommended 
eucalyptus oil in my diffusers
hot tea with lemon 
lots of water
REST

I am doing all of the above.  And it's been easy because I feel terrible.

In the meantime, I thought I would show you what's been happening around here.


Greg got these gorgeous candle holders as a thank-you for being so
helpful at a wedding for a couple of friends from work.
They are amazing and look wonderful on our dining room table.


I got a new rug for the laundry room
that hides the dirt a LOT better than the white rug
I used to have here.
It coordinates well with the other rugs without matching exactly.


Here you can see it close to the other (squishy chef) rug in front of the fridge.


The cats are always making us happy.
Though I have to admit that they've been WEIRD the last couple of days.
Especially Stephen.
He's always nervous, but sometimes he gets especially strange.
It has gotten pretty chilly around here (high of 68 today, which we barely got all winter last year - this year is starting out GREAT!) and today it's WINDY.  Sometimes cats get strange if they smell things.

Claude is fluffy and beautiful.






See her face?
It says, "DO NOT touch that soft fluffy belly."



"I mean it."


"I know you want to touch it.
Everyone wants to touch it.
But don't do it."


Here are double-decker kitties!


Allistair has been naughty, running to and fro in crazy fashion,
but I've been providing a hot water bottle under a blanket, and he
loves to sleep on it for hours.

He likes me, too.
He is currently on the left side of me, wrapped up in a blanket.


And right now, Juvy is on the right-hand side of me, also
under a blanket.


Here's a sweet Juvy in a tiny box.



I left my cucumber on the counter while I ate my lunch,
and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!!!


Can you see the droplets around the edge?



Now we come to my birthday (October 26).
I was planning to have a little party, but we got invited to a 
dress-up costume party, so we decided to do that instead!

Before that, I met up with my two closest friends at Joe's Farm Grill
for lunch.


Here I am with Jen.
Thank you, Jen, for spending time with me on my birthday!


And here's Cindy!
Thank you, Cindy, for hanging out with me and making my birthday better!


I really like this restaurant.
It's well-designed and there's green everywhere.








Then I went home and did some work, then got ready for the party.
I went as a stereotypical French girl.


I wore a striped top, a black skirt,
and a scarf.  I carried a faux cigarette and a glass (which I
didn't fill up because I don't like wine - I hoped people would
intuit the wine).  I painted my nails RED and I LOVED IT.



Greg went as this guy: Slash.


Isn't that GREAT?!



We had a good time at the party.




There were even special cake pops for the birthday girl.



Greg won the "most original costume" award!


The following day, early in the morning, I got to give a lecture to
a bunch of people who provide in-home child care (foster parents, day care providers, etc.)
It's a collaboration between First Things First (paid for by cigarette taxes!) and United Way.

I had to drive to Casa Grande, a city about an hour south of where I live).


I wore this.
blouse: Maison Jules (Macy's)
skirt: Rekucci
shoes: Target


The bathroom was fancy.


Here's my presentation!


Here's part of the hall.


The facility was strange; there was a dome right in the middle!


That's where I stood.


The next day, I got to open presents!

Here you can see my pretty red nails AND
these adorable little kitty paper clips!


The cats helped me open presents.  
  

Here's a close-up.




I enjoy choosing outfits this time of year
I can wear layers and not be hot in long sleeves!
blouse: Anne Klein (Ross)
skirt: Rekucci
shoes: Target



blouse: LOFT
skirt: Max Edition (Amazon)
shoes & bag: Target




top: Charter Club (Macy's)
skirt: Rekucci


t-shirt: Target
skirt: Bongo (Mervyn's about 20 years ago)
shoes & bag: Target
HAPPY Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo