Thursday, November 1, 2018

Target Trip With Mom - YAY!

I appreciate every time I get to do something fun with my family
because I realize it's a chance to make memories that will last forever!

This day during my trip to Minnesota,
I got to shop with my Mom at Target.
I love Target, especially in Minnesota.
I'll let you know in advance, though, this Target trip was less
successful than it looked.
blouse: Target
jeans: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
socks: Target

heart necklace: from my parents 24 years ago
black diamond necklace: Etsy



Targets in Minnesota are getting updated and they're very fancy.


We were excited to find many cute things.
We investigated the Knox Rose line, which was beautiful and soft.



Unfortunately, everything I bought except for one thing
shrank when I got it home to Arizona.
I washed everything in cold water (or as cold as water gets in the desert)
and didn't dry it at all, but things still shrank.
(insert sad face because I loved everything!)


This is the luxe tunic sweater by A New Day.
I bought it in three colors and then went home and ordered two more
colors on line . . . and had to take them all back.  Waaaah!



We tried on a LOT of things.


Ultimately, it's a good idea not to buy anything if you like the outfit
you came in with better than anything you find!


We wanted to check a different Target, too, because
my Mom was looking for a specific size that the first Target didn't have.






On the way to the second Target, I enjoyed the scenery.
This is a blurry corn maze and fall festival site.



It was a beautiful chilly day with spitting rain.
The leaves were turning colors and falling on the pavement
and disintegrating in beautiful ways.









Such beautiful trees and a nice gloomy cozy gloomy day.
We almost always have sun where I live in Arizona.
I definitely appreciated all the cloudy days and all the rain during this trip!
I get all nesty (wanting to cook and bake and clean and organize) when it's cloudy or rainy.



It looks like a normal Target, but it's NOT!
It's new and updated!


I was hungry, and I wanted to convince my Mom to eat something.
She was willing to stop at Starbucks, where they have little sandwiches and coffee.


It was under construction.


Mom got a pesto sandwich.


I had brought a gluten-free bun, a banana, and some gluten-free pretzels.


Then we were off to investigate!

This was probably my favorite sweater because I love ruffles
and crochet and bell sleeves.


Sadly, this one shrank, too!  Boo hoo!



More of the luxe tunic-length sweaters . . . 
that I returned.  


This is the ONE THING that I didn't need to return!!!
This one didn't seem to shrink; at least it didn't shrink enough
that it didn't fit well anymore.


It got hung up on my pants when I whipped around,
but look how cute the lace back is!


Cute sweater dress, returned.  Seeing all these cute things that I had to return makes me sad!
This dress was SOFT and was cut up in a cute way on the sides.


I should say here that I suspect you'll be fine with these items
if you live in a COLD PLACE (unlike me).
I live in the Arizona desert (Chandler, a suburb of the Phoenix metro),
and the water here just doesn't get that cold unless it's January.
It's going to be 80 degrees F here, today, for example, on the last day of October.
My Mom's sweaters didn't seem to shrink, and she washed them the same way I did.


After we investigated the clothes, we needed some groceries.



There we are!!!



I stopped by the toilet trailer out front
(because of the construction, the inside potties were out of order),
but I didn't use it.  It was pretty, but also very stinky (smelled like those yucky
urinal cakes - gross).
But I was wearing my rain coat and the lighting was good, so I took a photo of it.


It was raining a little harder when we left, and the droplets on the car
windows were beautiful.




Here are the things I bought (all except the front left-hand one returned).


I decided to make ginger snaps, but they didn't turn out quite right, and
the ginger is too much for my delicate system now.
I still ate some, though!


We enjoyed watching the rain through the decorated window!
(The girls, my nieces, did this decorating!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo