Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Christmas With Family



What a blessing it is to have Christmas celebrations with family!

This year felt especially festive because we had lots of little celebrations
spread over a longer time and because we spent special time with people who are especially dear to us.


The weather has been CHILLY and the leaves have turned colors and begun
to fall.




The cats are snuggly.  They sleep on me or on hot water bottles under fuzzy blankets.


Stephen looks like a little black bear.


Allistair is on my feet, which are on a hot water bottle,
and there's hot lemon in my mug.


One of the great gifts this year was this GOLD snowflake pillow.
We don't actually get snow here (well, I think it snowed two tiny flakes on me
on Easter 1996!), but it's fun to have some more seasonal decor in winter.




Claude is DECOR all by her beautiful self!




Minnesota definitely has gotten some snow.
Here are my precious nieces, Cora & Esme,


While my brother, Mark, was shoveling 12" of show, 
the stuffed animals were watching from inside the cabin.


Our first family Christmas get-together was with Greg's Mom and Step-Dad, Dan.
We enjoyed the 2 hour drive to Green Valley in Greg's beautiful new truck.




We got there to find out that Greg's Mom had made a glorious feast!

This was part of the gluten-free vegan stuff she made for me:
fruit salad, three-bean chili.

She's very throughtful - and she's a wonderful cook!



Baked apples for dessert!





We were happy.


She created a lovely gift for us: a needlepoint 
with Jesus and "The Lord is my Shepherd" on it.
What a great reminder!  We can see the hard work and many hours
she put into it and we're grateful.



I go to try out her vibration machine.  It's hilarious and wonderful.
It's relaxing.  I looked up "whole body vibration" and found that
it has some great results on the body, especially for people with
weak bones and muscles.


Later that week, I got to have a shopping day with my sweet friend, Cindy,
who was on break (she's a teacher),  We enjoyed TJ Maxx and Home Goods.

 We found a moose dog toy that I thought Allistair might like
(he loves BIG toys).  He still loves Wanda best,
but he has played with Mavis a few times.


And then my parents came into town on Saturday,
so I made a feast!

I made mushroom wild rice casserole with cranberry sauce,
potato lentil croquettes, and some tasty desserts.

Including chocolate pudding!


And pumpkin pie!


It was LOTS of fun to be together and eat together. 





Then we opened gifts from each other.
Greg likes to put bows on his head from time to time.


I got quite a few great gifts!

This rattan mirror is going to look perfect on the wall next to the entertainment center.


Here is my new casserole pan!


I got a waffle iron, too!

I found Greg a funny ugly sweater in the clearance bin at Target.
Next year he'll have something hideous to wear to any Christmas parties we have.


Here is my beautiful new fuzzy blanket with GOLD snowflakes!


Allistair has been enjoying it every day
(he sucks on it and purrs LOUDLY).




Stephen likes fuzzy blankies, too.



Here is my new gold pillow and my new blanket with gold stars together.
Looks like they were meant to go together.





We had a wonderful Christmas season this year - 
and I felt slow, but well enough to enjoy it and participate.
Praise God!

And thanks to God for His indescribable gift of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo