Saturday, January 26, 2019

Super Blood Wolf Moon + Lost Dutchman Hike



Did you go out late at night to see the Super Blood Wolf Moon?

It was very bright and very interesting.
We are happy to live in a place where it was warm enough
(though still CHILLY!) to be outside long enough to enjoy
the experience!

It did look RED!


When it started coming out of eclipse, the moon looked like an eyeball.



Moving on from that natural wonder, here is an outfit from last week.

This is something I like to wear on casual days when I'll be working a lot
because these pants are leggings.  They're as comfy as pajama pants, only sleeker.
The top is longer in the back and has lace detailing on the yoke.


Not a great photo of the back, but you get the idea.


Evenings often involve reading with cats. 



Can you see some little blue eyes?

The other day,  I asked Greg if he needed help getting unstuck 
from his shirt, which was uncooperative,
and he responded, "No, I'm an art installation!"
I love that man.


Last Saturday we were lucky enough to attend my Dad's barbershop chorus concert.
I love these!  I've had Lida Rose and Darkness On The Delta stuck in my head since then.




 Thank you for inviting us and for being so interesting, Dad!


Greg and I used Martin Luther King Jr Day for a hike.
It turned out that our Governor decided to make all State Parks free
in honor of Dr. King, so we didn't even need to pay!
It was chilly and windy.





Do you see the deer?!
I've never seen one in Arizona before, and it's especially surprising
because this park is pretty heavily used.



Can you find him?








Here's what I was wearing.



How beautiful is that?!




















  


There were a lot of blooming flowers and the desert
is very green and lush this winter.




It was windy enough that I needed to tie my hat on.











On the way home, we drove by the BEST GOLF COURSE - Snakehole Golf & Country Club!
Isn't it strange that it's desert scrub?


We had to stop at a train crossing. 


It turned out that this vehicle was gathering old train ties!



Of course, we got some good snuggles when we got home!








I got to have lunch with my Mom last week and then we
watched HGTV for awhile and relaxed.  What a nice day!






I tried on a few pairs of pants at Ross - the ones in the background.
I bought the darker blue ones.



It's been chilly (for us) in the mornings, but sunny.


The cats like to gather on the bed in my office (also our guest room)
where the sun shines.





Even when it's dark outside, the cats like to be where I am.







On Friday, Claude brought me this candy wrapper!
She carried it to me and dropped it at my feet as if it were a rodent invader.
She's very sweet and thoughtful!



And, YES, this is a packed suitcase.
Do you want to know why it's packed?


Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo