Thursday, January 17, 2019

Sweet Faces & Some Shopping



The weather here has been perfect!
This is our glorious time of year.  I have to remember it when it gets
miserable and terrible and horrible in the summer!


Today we're starting with the fuzzy little faces in our family!

I love taking photos of Allistair from this angle.  It's hilarious.
He looks like a long-nosed camel.
But a REALLY cute one!


Look at his cute little nose!





Allistair needed the blanket on top of the exercise bicycle desk in order
to snuggle me while I was riding it.  It was worth a little extra effort to
have him close by!


He also needed a blankie while I was doing yoga!


Claude started getting settled in, and was shocked to discover
that the blanket was alive!


Allistair also appreciates a hot water bottle.
He's hugging one in this photo:


Here's Stephen and his great marble eyes.


He has the BEST out-tongues in the universe!





Here's Claude with all her fluffy beauty.



Juvy is sitting next to me on the couch as I type this.
She is a precious gift.



Winter is the time that I typically revamp my closet.
This always means reorganizing my closet, and it usually involves
purchasing some new things.

For some reason, I don't have much luck finding clothing in the summer.
I like winter clothes better.  I like clothing items that can be adapted for all weather,
and most things in my closet can be worn all year round.

Here's my reorganized closet!


I have always gone from light to dark, but I decided to try Marie Kondo's method
 of dark to light, which supposedly lifts the spirits as our eye goes to lighter colors
when we look from left to right.
I can't say I've noticed an emotional difference yet, but I like to mix things up sometimes!




My Mom and I had a little shopping expedition.
Here we are at Target!



I noticed that Pei Wei had a lot more gluten-free and veg options than they
had the last time I was there, so my Mom and I tried it out.
I got the Pei Wei original with extra vegetables instead of the meat.
Yum!
I will try something else next time just to be well-rounded.



The photo is making me very hungry.



Yesterday I needed to run a bunch of errands, and I also
enjoyed some browsing while I was out.  I had a LOT of energy yesterday!
(Today I'm slightly draggy, but doing okay.  Planning a restful evening.)

The first thing I found was this PERFECT and GORGEOUS suitcase!
It's faux-marble with gold accents.  It's the prettiest suitcase I've ever seen.
It's from Juicy Couture and I found it at TJ Maxx.
I have a trip for work coming up, and my old suitcase doesn't roll very well anymore.

I'm wearing a new outfit in this photo, too!
top: Charter Club (Macy's)
pants: 89th and Madison (Ross)




While I was there, I found this top by Adrianne Papell.
I have had something very similar in my Macy's cart for quite awhile now,
but it was $89.  This one was $13.99!


I will probably be wearing it most often tucked in or with skirts
because it's a bit on the shorter side.


You'll notice a pattern: black & white with tiny patterns.





I love the drape and the pattern and the light fabric.
I think it will look just as good tucked in as worn out.


This one is from Ember.


I like the bow tie, the extra light mesh fabric,
and the lovely draped bell sleeves.




This one is from Charter Club.
It has a checkerboard with dots pattern.


I also found a white cardigan!
I discovered that I look great in white,
and I wanted another white topper to wear when I'm wearing black on the bottom and
I don't want to wear a black sweater on top.




I ordered this from Macy's and went to pick it up today, but it
was too big.  You can't really tell in the photos, but there were a good couple of inches
on both sides and it looked much better with a more defined waist.
I returned this one and placed an online order for the smaller size.
It's in a great fabric and the texture is wonderful.
I love keyhole necklines and I love bell sleeves!


We had to replace our flannel sheets because our other set developed holes.
I was able to find blue/gray plaid ones that look great in our bedroom.

Aren't they pretty?


Juvy approves.


The lighting is weird in this photo, but we had a great time at Barro's.
Were hoping to have dinner/games once a week if we're all up to it.
This was our first outing together!



And here's the bonus for today: my adorable niece, Esme,
as a farmer!



Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo