Thursday, August 1, 2019

California - Day 3


Most of this day was a beach day!



These cute little squirrels (California ground squirrels) were hanging out in the rocks
(and stealing food from people whenever possible!)
They made funny little squeaking sounds from inside their hidey caves.




The day started with enjoying the sand and sea . . .


and snuggles!



Greg and I headed off to his optometrist appointment.

I wore this: 
top: Target
pants: INC International Concepts (Macy's)
shoes: Sketchers (Amazon)
bag: Amazon

I cannot get enough of these sandals!
They are FABULOUS and I can't remember the last time my feet looked this cute.  The sandals are somehow quite flattering and comfortable at the same time.  I haven't worn sandals for years because my feet were in terrible shape (and because I didn't find any good ones).  Now that I'm healthier, my feet look nice again.
Add caption



We were both impressed with Eyeglass World.
The prices were low, the people were great, and the glasses were ready the same day!


Then we went to Play It Again Sports to look for wet suits!

Greg doesn't have a lot of body fat, and the ocean water wasn't much fun for him because he got too chilled.  I was okay temperature wise, but I got chafed up from the boogie board on my upper thighs and stomach, so we thought used wet suits might be helpful!


We found some - and mine was only $39.99!



Mark & Jillian found some for themselves and the girls, too.
They are difficult to get into!



 Then it was time to get to the beach!


Look at that handsome stud!


There is a cool loooooonng zipper pull in the back of wet suits to make them easy to pull up independently.


Here I am, all ready to go!


And here's my ocean dude!



Mark & Jillian got sleek black suits and looked like otters. 




Greg catching a wave:


Mark and I got some good chatting time, just being kids in the water again:



It was always fun to catch the same wave!



Cora & Esme looked adorable in their little wet suits - like little space explorers.






There were lots of pelicans flying overhead.






After a couple of hours, my ankle was ready to be done, Greg was a bit sunburned,
and we needed to go pick up his new glasses and then get dinner (Pieology night!)

It feels good to take a shower and get freshened up after all that fun in the sun!

I wore this:
t-shirt: Target
skirt: Rekucci
hair bow: J. Crew
jacket: Guess (Ross)



Greg wore my new Minnesota hoodie (Target):


Here are the new sunglasses!


We had a little time in between the glasses and dinner, so we found a Goodwill to enjoy.

I found these cute little owl salt and pepper shakers
and a beautiful marled wood pelican (appropriate!)


Then we got pizza - yum!






These kids like cheese.  And the cheese was stretchy!




I wanted to visit Pure Burger (in the same shopping center as Pieology) because they have amazing menu options, but it took about 20 minutes to drive to this location and we just didn't choose to make time for it later in the trip.  Perhaps next time!

They have meat burgers, but also plant based ones, and customers choose bun and topping options.



Greg and I stopped by WalMart on the way home to get some food type stuff
while everyone else went to CostCo (not my favorite place to go).

The moon was full and beautiful.


The other folks found some great quality boogie boards!
We ended up not using one of them, so that one got returned.
Greg and I have the yellow geometric one still, and I'm already planning the next trip so I can use it again!

Wetsuits leave funny tan lines.
Jillian called them "paws".


Greg had some paws, too.

Mark and I don't burn easily and neither of us got paws.

It was a perfect day and we ended it with wine and laughter, listening to the waves and enjoying each other's company.


I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo