Sunday, August 4, 2019

California - Day 4



Wednesday was another beautiful beach day!
We had a slowish morning and then suited up and headed out to enjoy the waves.

It was a delight to lounge in my jammies while drinking my smoothie.


Esme was in quite a happy mood.


She took a travel Bible from the mobile library and told us it wasn't a Bible, it was Google.
And it told her she needed to take the next right and go north.


She's very earnest!
She also made up office work for all of us.

She brought each one of us a book and looked up our jobs in it.
Our jobs always meant we had to work at a computer, carry a bag, and bring a lunch.
We could drive a car or ride the bus to work.
And if we had questions, we were supposed to ask her because she was our boss.


She was an excellent boss!

We all came up with questions about our uncomfortable chairs,
broken computers,
difficulties with the dress code,
and other assorted matters.
She always came up with a reasonable and logical solution!


Time to head to the beach!

Since my original hat was lost to the ocean, and since the blue one was too light to stay on my head in the waves, I bought this one (for $3.97!) at WalMart.
It is fabulous!
It's "weathered" and a pretty color of dusty pink.
It came off a couple of times as it loosened up, but it floated, so I found it.








My suit was a little long in the torso, so it bunched up in weird places sometimes.

The reason for this photo, though, is to show the crazy amount of sand and salt in my hair!


I wasn't sad about it!










Grandpa taught the girls how to find sand crabs as the waves go out.






This is our beach:



This is beautiful, perfect weather from my perspective!


This was a typical lunch set-up.
There was always fruit, sandwiches, and chips.
The girls got quite a few desserts they wouldn't normally get a home,
 so it clearly was vacation!



We sat around this neat-o rattan coffee table on the squishy sectional and chatted with snacks (and sometimes peach Moscato!) in the evenings.


If my ankle was swollen, I iced it up while reading or enjoying my wonderful family.


Nighty-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo