Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Surgery Recovery



I was able to take the bandages off after 5 days.
It wasn't great to see what was under there, but it was nice to replace the saggy gauze and wrapping!

Slightly icky pictures coming . . . 

Some of that purple-ish red is marker, some is dried blood.




There's an incision about 2" long right over my ankle bone (outer)
and at least a couple puncture holes or smaller incisions on the front of my ankle.


I'm spending most of my time sitting with my foot up,
alternating ice (behind my knee) and not ice.


Dresses and skirts are the easiest thing to wear.
Also, it is hot here (110 degrees yesterday!), so cooler things are with air flow are good.
This is what I wore yesterday.
dress: Target (years ago)
hair bow: J Crew
knee cart: Amazon
slides & socks: Target
camisole: JKY by Jockey (Target)




I've been getting a lot of snuggles, which is nice.
It's hard to need to rest so much, especially when I have just recently made so much progress recovering from long-term illness.  I'm working hard to remind myself  that 
THIS TIME IT'S TEMPORARY!
Cat snuggles make everything quite a bit better.




My friend Jen brought these cute books to help my recovery.


Honestly, after awhile, it's hard to stay interested in much.
TV?  Eh.
Reading?  Eh.
My desire to read has slightly grown back.



Sometimes I just want to stare out the window at the leaves of the trees
waving around.  That might be code for dozing.  But it's pretty nice to watch the hummingbirds swoop down to get regular drinks from the fountain
(they have to drink often when it's this hot!).


Claude has been nearby most of the time, but she really doesn't enjoy getting her photo taken
and she usually looks weird.




Hopefully I'm getting a little better each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo