Saturday, August 17, 2019

Leaving California



I hate leaving California, but I do love going HOME.
On the drive back, I asked Greg what his favorite thing about living in Arizona was,
and he said, "My cute wifey lives there."
I guess it's not so bad in Arizona because my studly husband lives there.

Here's what I wore.
blouse: from Beall's
skirt: Rekucci (Amazon)
shoes: Sketcher's (Amazon)
hair bow: J Crew





I had a quiet farewell alone with the beach, the ocean, and these beautiful white herons:






and these cute little squirrels!


I liked this sign that mentioned that feeding the animals is harmful to them because it artificially increases their population to beyond what's sustainable for the available habitat.


They are very extra super duper cute!


I think this groundcover is pretty. 




And then it was time to leave.
The cleaning crew drove up as I was backing out of the driveway.
We stopped at RiteAid to return some goggles I bought for Cora to replace hers that broke
(I bought three pairs, she chose one, I took the other two back).
You can still see the lifeguard station and the ocean behind me.


We also went to Play It Again Sports to spend some "free" bucks that Mark earned when he bought his whole family wet suits.  They ended up spending it on nice new sunglasses for the girls.
Aren't they cute?


They had an illustrated map of Oceanside I thought was neat.



Can you see the Sea Hive (near the middle of the photo?)
That's the vintage market!


Then Greg and I drove off towards home and Mark, Jillian, my parents, Cora, & Esme drove off in the direction of the airport.  It was a long day for everyone.

I was EXCITED in addition to being sad to leave, though, 
because we were headed to Plant Power Fast Food in Encinitas, 
an entirely PLANT BASED vegan restaurant!
There are a number of them in California.
I would eat there every week if they would come to Arizona!



I was very happy when we found it.
And I was hungry!








We ordered at an screen outside.


I ordered a black bean Classic burger with gluten free bun. 



Lots of sauces available!


Water, silverware, ketchup.


 It seemed as if maybe the restaurant used to be a gas station.

The eating part was under a covering and surrounded by flowers. 









Deeeelicious!





Greg didn't hate it.


Look at that deliciousness.



It's an island of cuteness, sustainability, compassion, and joy in the middle of a normal street.


Let's support this great endeavor!


I bought a t-shirt and a burger to go for the drive home.






Then we were back on the road again.

Past the wind farms . . .




Over the mountains . . . 





And finally, home to Chandler!


We were glad to be home, glad to see the cats, but a little lonely for our people!
WHAT A WONDERFUL VACATION!

Thanks, Dad and Mom, for being loving, faithful, and dedicated for 50 YEARS,
for being generous with us and everyone else in your lives,
and for choosing to invest in people, not just things.
We love you and we're blessed to have celebrated this milestone with you.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment! xo