Thursday, April 25, 2019

Oops



Curious?

Let's start out with some cuteness first!


Snuggles with Claude.





Claude deciding that the kitchen table is a good place for a nap . . .  




Sweet Alistiar:






Taking a little nap.


Sleepy Juvy:



And then Easter!
Here's my dress.
Isn't is beautiful?


I tried it with this jacket and didn't like it.
The jacket is the wrong color and it's too long.



This jacket is MUCH better!
It's darker (better contrast) and it is cropped so it hits right at my waist.






I carried my new round black & white straw bag.




I loved my outfit!
I also like the tradition of wearing new clothes
on Resurrection Sunday to celebrate the NEW LIFE we have
when we choose to join the Kingdom of Jesus.



Here's a drawing of me done by one of my students.
Check out my ferocious eyebrows!


 Okay . . . now for the story with the big black boot.



I was running on Tuesday morning as usual, when
all of a sudden I was on the ground in pain.
I had fallen off the sidewalk in an effort
to avoid a poor dead (and decaying) cat.

My ankle hurt the worst immediately (and still does),
but I also scraped up my arm.
I'm sore elsewhere, too, from the fall: shoulders,
wrists, knees, back, hips, neck.
My fall was probably quite a spectacular sight to see.


I was initially able to hop a bit, but I could not walk on it
and I was two miles away from home.  
Praise Jesus that it was only 6 am and Greg was still home,
so he came and rescued me!

I figured it was simply sprained, so I rested, iced, and elevated it,
but the bruising and swelling convinced me to go to Urgent Care.



I'm glad I did, even if it were just for this supportive boot!

It's not the cutest thing, but my ankle feels MUCH BETTER in
the boot than out of the boot.


Turns out that I have a bad sprain
and a tiny crack in the tip of my fibula.

strain = damage to muscles
sprain = damage to ligaments
fracture = damage to bone



I went to a Podiatrist yesterday for a follow-up,
and she said I'll be in this boot at least four weeks,
a smaller lace-up brace for a couple more weeks, and
I should be back to running in eight weeks, good as new!

Today is the third day after the injury, and supposedly that's
the worst day (swelling at max and adrenaline, 
which offers pain relief, has drained off).
I'm doing okay.  A little emotionally weird
and achy, but I have hope I'll be feeling much better soon!


I decided to enjoy the challenge of dressing around
a huge boot.


I still felt cute going to the Podiatrist
and I have been impressed and THANKFUL
for the excellent medical care I have received.




It's very swollen and the brusing is expanding, but not terrible.



My little toesies are puffy and blue, too.


Even the other side of my foot, away from the
main injury, is swollen and bruised.


The Podiatrist gave me some compression socks
(actually just a big squeezy tube she pulled of a spool
and cut off with a scissors), showed me how to use the
boot more efficiently, and answered questions.

After a shower (sitting down as much as possible),
I put on the compression tube . . . 


Then layer one of Greg's tall socks over the top.



Then I put the boot on!



And my ankle feels MUCH better
and I can actually sort of walk!


Though I have to admit that sitting down is better.

That's the story!
It's a reminder that *something* could happen at any moment.
Today is a great day for contentment and gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo