Monday, April 1, 2019

Spring Purchases




The Superbloom is still in progress (though things are less bloomy
than they were a couple of weeks ago)

All the lovely winter things are now on sale here in Arizona,
and spring items are available - yay!





This is the time of year when I usually find my closet workhorses
because I wear summer/spring stuff most of the year.

I typically do a BIG closet revamp this time of year because. . .

#1: My Mom has been in town and she inspires me
and shops with me

#2: I wear SO MUCH summer clothing from April through October
that I get pretty tired of it by the time a new hot season rolls around
and I'm usually pretty eager to add some new things

#3: I wear a lot of my stuff year-round (I'm able to add layers
and make most of my things work in the winter), so things wear out quicker.

I still have a LOT that have been working great, and I'm going to keep
wearing those things, of course.  The following things will be added so that
there's more variety and interest.

When I add things, I am careful to add things that fit into my wardrobe uniforms.




I like to organize my wardrobe in UNIFORMS.

For example, in the winter, one uniform might be:
slim-fitting pants and a longish top with ballet flats.
Another winter uniform might be a top tucked into a knee-length skirt, worn with tights
and flats.

In the summer, one uniform might be a thin top tucked into a skirt.
Another uniform might be a t-shirt with a pair of Bermuda shorts.


If a particular item doesn't fit into one of my regularly-worn uniforms,
I typically won't purchase it because it won't fit into my typical outfit formulas.





I have a couple of swim uniforms, too.
One is a long-sleeved rash guard with boy shorts.
Another is a halter-neck one piece with a skirted bottom.

With all of my swimwear and hiking wear, I always wear a HAT!
I am a person who LOVES hats.

This year, I couldn't get enough of the cute bucket-style hats available.
Some years, the hats are all baseball-style.
Some years, the hats are all fedora style (not for me!)
This year, lots of bucket and cloche styles are available,
and they are DEFINITELY for me!
Most of my hats have worn out after many years
and much use, so I'm happy to be able to replace them with new ones I love!


Here's one I bought today.
It will look great with my black swimsuit!

Sadly, this wonderful adorable hat has to be returned
because my head is too small!
I have a tiny head.
That's one reason it's good for me to have lots of hair;
it kind of balances things out!
Women's Oversized Washed Floral Bucket Hat - Wild Fableâ„¢ Black - image 1 of 1
washed bucket hat: Target



This is the straw hat I bought a couple of weeks ago
after my Mom found it at Macy's
hat: INC International Concepts (Macy's)



Here it is on me!






I love it so much that I decided the black one
would be a good investment, too,
especially since it was on super sale!

black straw hat: INC International Concepts (Macy's)

Here is it on me:




Target has put a lot of stuff on sale
and I found this beautiful sweater.

There were so many pretty colors that it was hard to decide, but
I have a method for that, too: a color plan.

I have picked my main basic colors:
black, white, gray.

Then I picked four accent colors:
blues (especially icy blues),
pinks (especially blush tones),
greens (especially forest green)
and yellow/gold.

This method makes it easier to decide which colors to purchase
and it makes it easier to combine items once I buy them.

The following 2 sweaters are an EXTREMELY STRANGE scratchy texture
and they are very boxy.
They will be going back.

This sweater makes me happy: stripes AND pink!
Women's Striped Long Sleeve Crew Neck Pullover Sweater - A New Dayâ„¢ - image 1 of 3
sweater: Target


The blouses Target has on offer this spring are especially great.

LOOK at the beautiful pattern on this gorgeous light blue blouse!

These blouses are perfect and I love them.
Women's Floral Print Long Sleeve Crepe Blouse - A New Dayâ„¢ Blue - image 2 of 3
blouse: A New Day (Target)

I love to wear WHITE on my top half - after filming YouTube videos for a number of years now,
I've realized that white makes my skin glow.
Now only is this blouse a nice bright white, but IT HAS TINY BLUE HEARTS ON IT!!!!
It's perfect.  I ordered one plus a back-up because I adore it.
I'm wearing it right now as I type this!
Women's Heart Print Long Sleeve Crepe Blouse - A New Dayâ„¢ White - image 2 of 3
blouse: A New Day (Target)


My favorite patterns are all tiny:
tiny dots,
tiny hearts,
tiny flowers,
tiny anything.
I would love tiny cat heads,
tiny bananas (I eat a lot of them),
tiny birds,
tiny raindrops . . .

I could buy lots of blouses with pretty prints
because I wear them all the time.  The button-up versions are useful
because they can be casual or more dressed up, and I can roll up the sleeves when it gets warm.


I have been seeking more tunic-length tops
to go with leggings (which I wanted to wear all the time
this winter), and I found this cute one - with small lilies-of-the-valley!
I like the cut-out details, too.

This top ended up having a weird fit. 
The cut-outs around the shoulders didn't lie flat.
It's going back.


Many of the sweaters I put on my Macy's list earlier in the winter have gone on sale now that it's spring!

Look at how cute this one is
with the blue and yellow detailing!
I decided this one is going back because it's
1. too short to wear with slim-fitting pants &
2. too heavy to wear in the summer with skirts,
so it doesn't fit into either of my main uniforms.
sweater: Maison Jules (Macy's)


This one has the most adorable ruffled sleeve!
Same as above for this sweater: too short for pants,
too thick for skirts.

I guess I should say that I *could* wear these short
sweaters with a skirt and tights in the winter,
but I have a LOT of tops that I wear with skirts,
and I don't need more items of clothing that are unflexible.
I prefer clothing pieces that I can adapt and wear all year long.
Maison Jules Striped Ruffled-Cuff Sweater, Created for Macy's

Because I wanted to wear leggings almost every day this winter,
I decided I would buy a couple more pairs for chilly days left this spring,
for travel, and for next winter.  Once again, they are on sale because winter here in the Arizona desert is finished.  I love the ones with faux-leather detailing.
These have a stripe down the side.

THESE ARE FABULOUS.
side-stripe faux-leather pants: INC International Concepts (Macy's)


These have faux-leather front panels on the legs.
I wore them on Friday and loved them all day.
I wore them with a girly top and felt feminine, yet a bit edgy
and tough in a gentle way.
INC International Concepts I.N.C. Curvy Faux Leather Skinny Pants, Created for Macy's
faux-leather front pants: INC International Concepts (Macy's)


I wear a-line knee-length skirts all the time in the summer,
and this one with the patch pockets and front buttons made my heart
beat a little faster.
faux-button front skirt: Nine West (Macy's)


I won't wear these much more this winter, because long-pants time is
almost over, but the color and fit was too great to pass up.
I've been looking for pink pants for over a year.
slim pants: Alfani (Macy's)


I also wanted some slim-fitting blue pants, and these are great!

I have a lot of black and white tops, and I like to make an outfit
 more interesting by having colored bottoms.

slim pants: Alfani (Macy's)


What are you looking forward to wearing this spring?
Do you usually add new things to your wardrobe this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xo